Welcome to the Penguin Day Wiki!
This wiki is used as a collaborative space in conjunction with Penguin Days. Complete information on Penguin Days can be found at penguinday.org.
If you are new to wikis in general, check out the Getting Started page.
Penguin Days are partially underwritten by in-kind support from partner organizations and Aspiration, as well as participant registration fees. Past supporters have included IBM Corporation.
Upcoming Penguin Days
Penguin Day New Orleans
Penguin Day New Orleans will take place on March 22, 2008. This wiki will be used to plan and dynamically record the agenda and event proceedings, and we strongly encourage everyone involved to actively contribute by editing these pages!
- The preliminary Penguin Day Agenda is available for review; let us know your thoughts!
- Please view the Participant List and add a page for yourself!
- Feel free to forward and post the Penguin Day Announcement
- Check out the Penguin Day Outreach list
Penguin Day Chicago
Penguin Day Chicago is happening Spring 2008. Join the mailing list at www.penguinday.org to stay informed as things develop!
Recent Penguin Days
Penguin Day Lowell
Penguin Day Lowell went down on June 22, 2007 in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Penguin Day Austin
Penguin Day Austin took place on April 28, 2007 in Austin, TX. Details of what went down are at http://austinpenguinday.org/ This wiki and agenda for the event is at http://www.austinpenguinday.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page, and there was also a social networking site set up for participants at http://penguindayaustin.crowdvine.com/
Penguin Day DC
Penguin Day DC took place on April 7th, 2007. This wiki was used to record the agenda and event proceedings:
Penguin Day Seattle
Penguin Day Seattle took place on March 25th, 2006. This wiki was used to record the agenda and event proceedings:
How you can make this a better Wiki
- Post Photos - If you take photos at Penguin Day and post them, please folks know!
- Share A Story - Tell about your experiences about the role of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in your work
- Share A Need - Tell about a need you have in your project or organisation with regard to FOSS, and someone here might be able to help!
- Share An Offer - Tell about an area of expertise or a resource (guides, research) you or your organization has that you would be willing to share with others here
- Share A Link - Tell about a web resource or article that you think others would find useful.
- Add to the Glossary Of Penguin Day Terms
- If you hear a technical term you do not understand, add it to the Glossary Of Penguin Day Terms
- If you see a technical term that you understand and want to share with others, please add a page with a definition (or link to an existing definition) to the Glossary Of Penguin Day Terms
- If you know of links to other good FOSS glossaries, add them at the top of the Glossary Of Penguin Day Terms
- Questions And Comments (About This Wiki) - If you have issues and/or questions about the Wiki, ask someone on the mailing list or post your questions on the QuestionsAndComments page