Lowell:Introduction to Linux
From Penguin Day
Revision as of 19:37, 18 December 2015 by Miriam (1 revision imported)
This session is designed to be a discussion of the status of Linux, and whether it is ready for the desktops of your local nonprofit organization.
- Introductions - who are you, why did you come to this breakout, what do you hope to take away from this, and what do you hope to contribute to the conversation?
- A quick, collective discussion about Linux distributions, and general impressions of what works, and what's missing for the nonprofit context
- How is putting Linux in a nonprofit office similar to, and different than putting Linux in front of grandpa?
- A collective discussion about hopes and dreams for how nonprofits could use Linux on the desktop
- Is it worth a push? Is Linux, or a specific distribution of Linux ready? Are nonprofits ready?
Some Linux desktop resources: