Penguin Day Announcement
Penguin Day DC 2011
Date: 20 March, 2011
Josephine Butler Center, Washington, DC USA
Learn about Free and Open Source for nonprofits!
Click Here to Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1294827865
Penguin Day is coming to Washington DC on Sunday, March 20, right after the NTC. We’d love to see you there!
- Josephine Butler Parks Center
- 2437 15th Street NW, Washington, DC
- Sunday, March 20, 2011, 10am - 4pm
Penguin Days are designed to let nonprofits and social justice activists learn about free and open source software that can support their work and potentially save them money, including tools for web publishing, fundraising, blogging, and campaigning.
Sessions will include…
- Introduction to Free and Open Source Software
- Making sense of Free and Open Source Content Management Systems
- Participating in Free and Open Source Communities
- Introduction to Blogging with Wordpress
- Introduction to Free and Open Source Desktop Applications
- Free Culture, Creative Commons And Open Content
- Managing Constituents with CiviCRM
- Mozilla Drumbeat and the Open Web
…and we encourage anyone who wants to add or request a session topic to do so!
Penguin Day DC 2011 is happening a short distance away from the NTC.
We invite you to register now for Penguin Day DC. Self-serve sliding-scale registrations available. Contact Us for more info.
Penguin Day DC 2011 is organized by Aspiration and PICnet, in partnership with NOSI and CiviCRM.
It’s looking to be a great day and we hope to see lots of you there!
Penguin Day DC 2011 is happening at the Josephine Butler Center, only a few blocks away from the NTC hotel at 2437 15th St. Northwest